Urban haps of a grrrl on a mission to be a better writer, a new music master-blaster and a wonderfully brilliant razor-packing, MAC LipGlass wearing feminista...

Friday, June 06, 2008

Obama, Oh Yeah!

I have been hesitant to write about Senator Barack Obama this week partly because I cannot believe that for the first time in this country’s history (and in my lifetime) an African-American has won the Democratic nomination to be President and partly because the superstitious part of me feels like talking about it will jinx it-- maybe Hillary will rise from the ashes like some villainous character in a horror flick to claim victory, maybe and I hate to say the A-word, but you know it's a possibility especially when his opponent starts mentioning that Robert Kennedy lost his life that way in June. Anyway this is history! This is, as an older woman on the beach summed up so well last weekend, "simply thrilling." I just got used to the fact that Oprah is one of the richest and most powerful people in the world and now this. Yeah thrilling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is indeed an historic moment, and I'm reveling in every bit of it. The woes of toxic broth-politicians like Sharpe James and Kwame Kilpatrick, makes Obama's success thus far even sweeter.

Julia Chance

6/06/2008 10:30 AM

 
Blogger theHotness Grrrl said...

Damn Julia I didn't even think of it within that context. Jeeesh and don't forget Marion Barry... yikes! We've come along way baby!

6/06/2008 12:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home